Re: [TCLUG:10513] Media One and Linux?

Although MediaOne will not stop you from using Linux or any other OS, they
will refuse to help you in any way for any reason.  Once, they know you
are using Linux, they instantly blame everything upon that and then tell
you the problem is with your OS.  At least in my experience this has been
the case.  So ... you must tell them that you are using Win98 when you
call in for support, or to report a problem.  There SMTP server was not
working and they blamed my OS.  I called back and told them I was running
Win98 and then they tried to blame it on the TCP/IP stack and tried to
walk me through rebuilding it.  Of course, that was not it.  Towards the
end of the conversation, of which I was doing none of what the moran was
telling me to do, he tells me that he is hearing reports of the problem
and they will fix it ASAP, but no ETA.

OK, so I would love to get DSL!!!

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com