Kodak Digital Camaras

Clay Fandre wrote:

> Is the DC210 auto-focus?
Yes.

>How long does it take to download to your computer? (Serial?)
Currently there are 20 pictures on my camara, and I'm using gphoto to
access it. (BTW, gphoto outperforms kodaks windows software. Haven't
tried twain aquire under linux but it is supported in sane)

All 20 are taken at maximum settings (1152x864 res) The 8mg flash card
holds 27 pictures at these settings.

Now the timings...
To get the 20 thumbnails into gphoto: 52 seconds (2.6 sec/thumbnail)
To get all 20 pictures:

> I'm debating between the 210 and DC240. Any comments?
Well, while we're waiting for that result...the advantages of the DC240
over the DC210...
Higher res
 1280 x 960 compared to 1152x864

3x optical zoom plus 2x digital zoom, dc210 has only 2x optical but you
can do the same thing digital zoom does in gimp realy...it's kinda a
worthless feature.

USB
if I had that the download would have probally been done by now

other than that, they have pretty much the same feature set (the 240 can
do some extra picture effects, but this is again, something that can be
done in GIMP [and probally done better in gimp to boot])

6 pics to go.

Done.

17 min 5 sec (51.25 sec/pic)
5mb of jpg files if you're wondering.

And the last cool feature of the day is the gphoto web galery plugin.
Check out the results (and most of the pictures mentioned) here
http://www.ringworld.org/~zibby/Pics/Nov1999

One of these day's I'm gonna make my own template for that plugin...but
not today.

--
|> Andrew S. Zbikowski | I find your lack of pants disturbing. <|
|>  r i n g w o r l d . o r g   |    http://www.ringworld.org  <|