PERL & MIME decoding question

I have a little problem I am trying to solve and wanted to see if there is
an easier way to solve it.

I have an e-mail message that is in it's raw format as it is recieved by an
smtp host (plain ascii text).  I would like to decode any attachments that
are encoded in the message (be them UUE or MIME) and save them to disk.  I
am wondering if there is an easy way to do this?  I saw the Mime::Base64
CPAN module but haven't played with it yet.  Is this the best way to do
it?  Or is there a program that I can run (similar to uudecode) that will
do this?

For reference, I want to be able to do this in a PERL script.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Royer