Re: [TCLUG:8884] converting uppercase to lowercase

Still trying to improve my useful-post:bogon ratio. The original question
got answered many ways, but one thing got left behind:

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Michael Hicks wrote:

> @files = <STDIN>;

> although I can't remember if that is exactly the right syntax for handling
> STDIN (do you have to open()/close() it?)

The <> mean 'slurp up the file referenced by the filehandle'. Perl
automatically open()s and close()s STDOUT, STDERR and STDIN.

  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/

  'I can't understand why people are afraid of new ideas.
  I'm afraid of the old ones.'
  -- John Cage