RE: [TCLUG:8945] Installfest was great

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

CWS >        We can give them Linux, within a "LinuxTV"; and they
CWS >will neither know nor care. these are the people who use
CWS >Windows; simply b/c it's the first/only thing offered to
CWS >them. They don't care if there are better ways to do it; if
CWS >those better ways require them to think at all.

hmm...  S-video out to VCR or TV.  IR keyboard and mouse.  Low-visual
impact desktop case.  LayzeeBoy.  TV Remote.  Beer.  Linux.
Cable-modem.   HA!  Done!  LinuxTV!

CWS >So perhaps the distillation of all this is:
CWS >        don't just show people a room full of half-set-up
CWS >computers surrounded by geeks scratching their heads over a
CWS >multitude of problems. :)

Yep. :)  I remember seeing Gnome for the first time at the previous
InstallFest.  It was pretty schweet! :)

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |
| ICQ: 9985127           http://wookimus.net/~chewie |
 Need a new truck?  Check out my '97 Explorer 2-door
   Sport at http://wookimus.net/~chewie/truck.html