Good isapnptool tutorial?

Does anybody know of a good isapnptool tutorial?  I am trying to get my on
board Yamaha SA3 sound card working under the 2.2.12 kernel.  Everything
shows up correctly in /dev/sndstat, but it simply does not work.  If I use
the commercial drivers from 4front, it works, but I would rather compile the
as a module without having to use the commercial drivers.  They are a pain
in the but to remove when it comes time to upgrade the kernel.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com