X over SSH thru IPMasq

> You can connect directly to the X server, but that's not really a
> security-conscious move,  Use an SSH client to connect to the X-Windows
> machine from the NT machine.  Enable X11 forwarding in the SSH client from
> the X Server machine to your NT machine and tell the local X-Server to get
> requests from the loopback device.  That way, all X11 traffic travels over
> the encrypted connection to your display and cannot be easily sniffed by
> outsiders.

Speaking of using SSH for handling X..  I was at home over the weekend, where
we have a cable modem.  I was hoping to try remotely displaying an X
application, mostly just for testing purposes.  I logged into my box with SSH,
and ran the application, but it said it couldn't connect to the X server.  The
problem probably relates to the fact that my family has an IP Masq gateway at
home.  However, I expected SSH to work fine, since I thought any X
communication would just piggyback on an already existing connection, rather
than make a new one or anything.

Anyway, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had luck getting X to run over SSH
when they're behind an IP masq gateway..  Maybe I just forgot something.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   I know everything about
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   everything, except that.