Re: [TCLUG:8994] X over SSH thru IPMasq

You have to have the local machine's X server software configured to
listen for X11 requests on the loopback address.  That way, when the SSH
connection is made, it doesn't have a problem launching windows since it
believes the connection is a local one (as far as the X traffic is
concerned).  On my NT machine, I have a 1995 copy of White Pine's eXodus,
the machine is NAT'd with ipchains and I have no problem launching X apps
over the connection with SSH.  The connection is made on the loopback
interface so the DISPLAY variable doesn't get confused with the fact that
my display isn't actually the machine it's set to.

Peter Lukas