Re: [TCLUG:9024] Scanners and Linux

Usually, Scanners come with a simple ISA SCSI adapter (AHA 154x)
something or other.  These are really silly adapters, and last I played
with them (at least 2 years ago), they were a pain to get working under
both windows and Linux.  The card is supported by the kernel, but you'll
need to do some LILO and kernel magic to get it to work.  I'd suggest you
save yourself the trouble, pick up a nice PCI SCSI adapter (BusLogic's are
about $50 and work wonderfully under Linux, Adaptec adapters are the drug
of choice if you've got the funds) and use that for your scanning and
maybe some future SCSI products.

Peter Lukas