Re: [TCLUG:8945] Installfest was great

> On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 bob@math.umn.edu wrote:
>
> > > One thing I wonder: did Chris Cournelle (sp? Math dept. at UMN) get his
> > > monitor happy under X? I had to leave before we finished with it.
> >
> > Thanks for your concern.  I'm still looking at various modelines to
> > try, and have not had much time to do so.  One fragmentary note claims
> > Radius bought a bunch of GDB-1950s and then modified them.  Oh boy.  :^)
>
> Have you done a search on dejanews.com yet?

Yesterday, and "creatively."  This gave me a good modeline and eventually a
good set of frequencies.  Now it shows KDE and the tube has not exploded
yet.  I'm sure some of you would expect the CRT to fry just from seeing
KDE ...

> > Thanks for everyone's help.  It's a real thrill to have my home machine
> > under linux even without X.
>
> yay! :)

Now on to the modem, PPP/SLIP, and all that.

Thanks again to everyone, especially Jeremy.  :^)

BTW, I thought I would run fsck.  It however gave a frightening message about
it being a bad idea to do fsck -A on a drive which already has a fs.  This
never used to happen in SunOS4.1.3u, and is a bit alarming.  Clearly I am
missing something.  The manpages do not warn against this.  Should this message
be ignored like so many others?

Adios,
Chris
--