Re: [TCLUG:9024] Scanners and Linux

  Hi,

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Dave Erickson wrote:

> You'd really make my day if you could tell me something about my SCSI
> card :-)

Well, don't know if this'll make your day, but the card that comes with
the Astra won't work under Linux. I did manage to get Umax to tell me what
chipst it is, but forgot what it was... wasn't supported anyway.

Buslogic make good cards, but I got an Adaptec 2940. I think UMAX like
Adaptec. Got the scanner to work fine under Linux with it, and now I run
my CD-R off it (the scanner's been moved to a Doze box).

If you are goign to buy a SCSI card, read the docs for the scanner. They
only like very specific models.

-Yaron