RE: [TCLUG:9077] Twin Cities area monitor work

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> Any contact info you have would be great.  I just hit the Yellow Pages on
> Yahoo! and it's never heard of 'em.

Technoserve, Inc.
3800 Williston Rd.
Minnetonka, MN  55345
612.931.0010

That's not the same as the real yellow pages, though is it? (I do *not!*
Yahoo.  And you?  :-)  USWest does have their listings on line, which is
the same database Information uses.

I suppose they might not be there anymore, but I'd be bummed.

> Sounds like a good shop!  Out of curiosity, what kind of work did you have
> done and how much did they charge?

I had a PS replaced on a SuperMatch 17" monitor.  It turns out that there
isn't much tolerance in the convection they have built into the case.  I
mounted it in a console where it was below a glass desk, tipped up at 45
degrees, and the angle was enough that the heat "pooled" inside the bevel
instead of running out through the vent holes.  It was not cheap - about
$300, which was awfully close the street price for a new one (2 1/2 years
ago), but worked fine, and when I got it back, I simply ran it without the
outside plastic case on (only the inner metal cage) so the heat could vent
by the big hole for the flyback access.

That's more than you wanted to know, huh?!

Anyway, that was a flat rate part swap kind of thing on a pricier monitor.
Worth a phone call to see what they can do in your particular situation.

Best of luck!

Phil

--
if ($income > $expenses OR $time != $money )
	set hell_frozen=true;