slocate (was: Re: [TCLUG:9212] system colors)

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

>         I belive it's called rgb.txt. it's somewhere in your X11 tree. do a
> 'locate rgb.txt'

Thanks -- that was it.  Brought up another question though.

My root acct keeps getting email from cron, but I hadn't paid any
attention to it.  Now, trying to locate rgb.txt didn't work (I found it
using 'find') and I think I put the pieces together.

The error message emailed to me every night is
"/etc/cron.daily/slocate.cron: line 6: syntax error:  unexpected end of
file"

It looks OK to me -- I've attached the offending file.  Anyone willing to
take a glance and see if I'm missing something?  (Obviously something.)

Am I right in assuming that locate searches an "index" or database of
system files, rather than getting down and dirty the (slow) way 'fine'
does?

Thanks again!

--
if ($income > $expenses OR $time != $money )
	set hell_frozen=true;

[ -e /usr/bin/updatedb ] && { sh /usr/bin/updatedb } || {
	/usr/bin/slocate -u -e /tmp -e "/var/tmp,/usr/tmp,/afs,/net,/proc"
}