Cursor freezes in X

Anyone have any problems with the cursor freezing up in X?  I'm using
the svga Xserver 3.3.5 in Debian potato, for a Matrox G200 card.  It's
more of an annoyance than a show stopper, as I can switch to a console
and back to X, and get my cursor back.  But I'd really like to find out
what's causing it.

I think it's probably the Xserver.  The keyboard and everything else
seem to work fine, even when the cursor is frozen.  It also looks like
the Xserver is still queueing mouse events, because when I switch back
from the console and move the mouse, it freaks out for a split second
with what looks like previous mouse movements.

Any suggestions on how I can diagnose this?

Thanks,
John