pppd with demand dialing / keeping packet that opens connection

I'm setting up a machine with pppd demand dialing, and I seem to recall
someone on the list awhile ago mentioning that there was a /proc/... file
you could echo 1 > to that would tell the kernel to save the packet that
caused the connection to come up. Anyone remember what this file was? My
goal is to allow the connection attempt that brings the modem up to go
through without the user having to hit reload. I searched the list
archives, and could not find this message. Thanks!

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700