Re: [TCLUG:9360] pppd with demand dialing / keeping packet thatopens connection

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Nate Carlson wrote:

NC >I'm setting up a machine with pppd demand dialing, and I seem
NC >to recall someone on the list awhile ago mentioning that there
NC >was a /proc/... file you could echo 1 > to that would tell the
NC >kernel to save the packet that caused the connection to come
NC >up. Anyone remember what this file was? My goal is to allow
NC >the connection attempt that brings the modem up to go through
NC >without the user having to hit reload. I searched the list
NC >archives, and could not find this message. Thanks!

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |
| ICQ: 9985127           http://wookimus.net/~chewie |
 Need a new truck?  Check out my '97 Explorer 2-door
   Sport at http://wookimus.net/~chewie/truck.html