Re: [TCLUG:9450] Netscape, Fonts and Altavista

There's a couple things that are worth trying.  First and easiest is
tracking down your XF86Config file (it's usually in or under /etc) and
finding the long list of font sources.  Two of the items in that list
should be 75dpi fonts and 100dpi fonts.  Normally the 75dpi is listed
first.  Switch 'em around so the 100dpi is listed first.  That made a BIG
difference in legibility for me.  The second option is to track down one
of the TrueType font servers for X.  One of the most popular is xfstt.  I
don't have the link around, but it should be easy to find on Freshmeat.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon."
		-- The Matrix