Re: [TCLUG:9589] Diamond RIO, MP3 ripper and linux

I've not seen any apps for uploading to the Rio, but I've been using
BladeEnc.  It's not that bad, but playing the raw ripped source next to
the BladeEnc'd source produces a noticible loss of sound quality.  Xing's
got a MP3 encoder for linux and if it's anything like their Windows
encoder, it's probably top-notch.  It's $20 and can be grabbed from
www.xingtech.com.  It's available for Linux PPC, too!

Peter Lukas