Re: [TCLUG:8080] Lotus Notes ported to Linux

Quoting Schoenhofen, Kelly (KSchoenhofen@Carlson.com):
> A Notes/Domino server for Linux is essentially worthless to us at Carlson.

> Heck, even us IT people can't make a Linux box be our primary workstations -
> we still need Notes among other things, like DFS. Which has about a

Sorry to hear this. Not even running VMWare? I have not had anything not work
under VMWare (yet).

> only way to conquer the server room is to conquer the cubicles first. Linux
> will never achieve primary marketshare in the server room if it's not in the
> cubicles.

I disagree. I think Linux can rule the server room, because IT has a lot more
control over what is NOC then what is in the cube. And until there is "office"
software for linux that is 100% compatible with MS Office you'll never move
Windows off the desktop.

My point of view is from an ISP, going into business who are mostly NT
server/Window clients and we have had great success replace NT servers with
Linux boxes.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700