Re: [TCLUG:8065] .muttrc macro and dot-files

On Sep 04, 1999, schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:
> On  4 Sep, John R. Sheets wrote:
> > On Sep 02, 1999, "Joel A. Koepp" <jkoepp@gustavus.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm in the process of transitioning to mutt from Netscrape for my mail. I really
> >> dig it so far and I've got a boatload of example muttrc's lying around to aid me
> >> in my quest for the ultimate configuration.
> >
> > Hey, cool.  I've done the same, and am pretty happy so far.  Between
> > mutt, fetchmail, and procmail, you can do just about anything.  Now,
> > if only someone had a good GUI mailer with the same capabilities as
> > Mutt.
> >
> What kind of features do you want?  TkRat does a pretty good job for me.

(c:  The same features that mutt offers.  Stuff like being
able to tweak the behavior of the mailer, according to the
regex'ed contents of each mail, including multiple signatures
and arbitrary header field re-writing ... also, printf-style
creation of column orders (e.g. you can completely change
the order and formatting of the index listings) ... coloring
based on regex's ... simultaneous support of all the major
mailbox formats (you can view mbox folders next to mh folders
and IMAP folders) ... ummm, header field filtering, so that if
I only want to see to, cc, and X-Mailer, that's all I have
to see ... plus a bunch of other miscellaneous little goodies.

Does tkrat have all that?  Or, even a decent subset?  (c:
It'd have to be something like an xmutt to peak my interest...

John