ntfs screw up continued!

I wrote lastly
>Well I went and done it and it does not work.
Before I did it - I could mount -t msdos /dev/sda  /mnt/msdos
and the external scsi drive would mount.
I wanted to mount -t ntfs /dev/sda /mnt/ntfs
Now it will not because I did the following
as per the following:<

The big secret has to do a insmod ntfs and
verify that it had been loaded with cat /proc/filesysystems

The same with loading smbfs for networking to an Nt server.
However after connecting to the server with
smbclient -L Server -W Domain -I machine-name-to-logon-to -U username
I get a list of all the resources of machine-name-to-logon-to
for example
c$ Disk Default Share
d$ Disk Default Share
e$ Disk Default Share
printer etc, etc, etc.

Now when I try to map a drive it returns no error - but gives no data in
the mounted
directory.

The only example I could find for NT
gave smbmount /// -I -U -c 'mount /mnt'
so I typed
smbmount /// -I machine-to-logon-to -U username -c 'mount /mnt'
No error reported - nothing reported - but no date available in /mnt
So I tried how is would be down in winNT
smbmount //machine-to-logon-to-name/c$ -U username /mnt
It then asked for my password and went to a prompt
>smb:
and sat there.
in the 'mount /mnt' do I have to say 'mount ntfs /mnt'

Everything is like pulling teeth esp. with no proper documentation/manuals.

Thanks for any help.

bill koob