RE: [TCLUG:8132] PPTP errors

> warn[open_unixsock:pptp_callmgr.c:308]: Call manager for
> 129.235.120.12 is already running.
> fatal[callmgr_main:pptp_callmgr.c:124]: Could not open unix
> socket for 129.235.120.12
> fatal[launch_callmgr:pptp.c:213]: Call manager exited with error 256
>
> Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Don't know what this application does, but assuming "unix socket" means what
i think it does, what the error says is that the unix domain socket that
your application is trying to open is already in use by another application
(or another instance of the same application).

Use ps to see if it is still running.  If so, kill it.
Use netstat to see if this ip address is using a unix domain socket.
netstat -u | grep "129.235.120.12"  (might need to \ the dots)
I'm not absolutely certain of the syntax, -u is supposed to show only unix
domain sockets (as opposed to inet domain i.e. tcp/udp), i think.
It's possible a previous instance of the application died abnormaly leaving
the socket in a FIN_WAIT state or something.  That usually times out.  You
could wait ... or you could reboot ? (eeeek !)

Hope this helps.

-Unni