old systems as routers, uptime

"Daniel M. Debertin" wrote:

> I have, as it turns out, not quite the same thing. I have static-IP
> DSL, which means that my router is set up in bridging mode, and the actual
> NAT is done by a linux box -- a 486 that has been up for almost 40 days at
> a time, I might add :).

Just out of curiosity, what is it that brings your system down after ~40
days? I am going to set up an old bit of hardware to do just what you're
talking about, and more (mail, CVS, Web, FTP). What kinds of things
should I be on the lookout for?

TIA,
-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerFireWorks.com/