Re: [TCLUG:8218] Samba - In reverse

You'll want to use smbmount. It lets you mount NT shares just like an
NFS mount. Compile the latest samba with smbmount by adding a
--with-smbmount option to configure.
$ ./configure --with-smbmount
$ make
$ make install

and then mount a NT share
$ smbmount //server/share mountpoint
and then you can backup the directory like you would a local directory.
To unmount
$ smbumount mountpoint

Clay