Re: [TCLUG:8218] Samba - In reverse

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Gabe Turner wrote:

> Since we're on the "Samba in reverse" topic anyway, I've been trying to find
> documentation on getting a windoze box to print to a printer hooked to a linux
> box.  I've read doc after doc on how to setup the "[printers]" section of my
> smb.conf file, but it never specifically says anything about windoze->linux
> printing.  Does any one have this working?

I do this all the time at school. I've got a 486 with a LaserJet
connected. Basically all I've done is uncomment the [printers] section in
/etc/smb.conf and the printer is visible in the 'Network Neighborhood.'
Load the appropriate driver in the Win9x machine, and you should be in
business. It works very well.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/