RE: [TCLUG:8245] FidoNet

> >But Carl, *what about the children*?!?!?!
>
>         the proposal I like is the creation of top-level domains based on
> content; for instance the creation of a '.xxx' domain for commercial sex
> sites. it would be fairly easy to block sites based on that extension; and
> sites should take to it reasonably voluntarily, as there is no good reason
> for them to want underage visitors, who likely don't have credit cards.

  This is a solution I've always thought was very reasonable as well, until
someone pointed out to me that there are many people who wish to *conceal*
the fact that they visit pornographic websites.  Of course, there are a few
perfectly good IP anonymization services out there, and so long as nobody's
*forcing* you to violate your own privacy, it's probably all good.

  Oh, since someone mentioned -- Dean Seal (of Mr. Elk & Mr. Seal) is, if I
recall correctly, the current organizer of the Fringe festival.