New Linux Mag

Has anyone else picked up the premier issue of Maximum Linux besides
myself?  The premier has some nice articles including an interview with
Trae McCombs who manages Linux.Com, an interesting article about linux and
the game market, a nice primer on rebuilding the linux kernel, some nice
distribution reviews, X Windows 101,  and software reviews/ratings
including Gimp 1.0.2, VMWare v1.0 (lots of other articles also).   I think
its bi-monthly, but it includes a cd-rom which this month features the
Linux-Mandrake 6.0 distribution on a bootable cd-rom.  Not bad for $7.99.
  My opinion after reading it was that it is targeted for the average
desktop-user which makes it, IMHO, the only linux rag in this category.
 I've never thought of Linux Journal or the new Linux Magazine as having
mass appeal to your new Windows--->Linux convert (I think Linux Journal
might scare them off, even!).  A lasting impressions is that Maximum Linux
will not shy away from revewing much of the available commercial software
which linux mags tend to stay away from for the most part because so many
Linux users are anti-commercial and pro open-source/free software.

Anyways, if they do as good a job on this mag as they did on Maximum PC
then we are in for a treat.   Maximum PC is about the only magazine that I
feel has trustworthy hardware/software reviews.  These guys call it like it
is - advertisers be damned!

I picked my copy up a B. Daltons, but I also saw it at Barnes and Noble.

Mike