Re: [TCLUG:8359] Other options than DSL or Cable

I am waiting for Onvoy's person to install my CPE (as they call it), and
just went to check prices. I was stunned. The prices seem OK:

Rate	Dist	Install	Equip.	Monthly
144	7.5mi	0	300	79
384	2.0mi	0	250	59
768	2.0mi	0	250	69

But: If you cancel within one year, that's $250, please. After one year,
it's $49. Who ever heard of a thing like that? What will they do? Cancel
your service? Send it to a collection agency? What crap!

You want to change your service? That's $199, please. Never mind that you
might be paying MORE each month. And if you should miss an appointment,
they charge $99.

It's almost enough to make me cancel my order.

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
  - Jimmy James, News Radio