Re: [TCLUG:8359] Other options than DSL or Cable

>Most ISPs, including Real Time charge around $25/month for 64K ISDN. USWest
>has changed their site around, so I do not know what the link costs are, but I
>think they it is around $45/month?
        wow. cheaper than I remember. may have to look into that again.
        I actually am kind of fortunate; I live ~1000' from my office
building. I have line-of-sight to the roof of it. if i can figure out how to
do it cheaply, the boss sounds like he'd be willing to let me run a wireless
network from my house to work (so I could "monitor the network from home" ;>
). from there I could use our full-time net connection. static IP, no ISP
fees. :)
        convoluted; maybe. but DSL will be *ages* in getting here; and that
should be a *lot* more reliable. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN