Re: [TCLUG:8373] Sparc Linux

Quoting schewe@tcfreenet.org (schewe@tcfreenet.org):
> My roommate is trying to install Sparc linux on his sparc classic.
> Unfortunatly we have a keyboard, but no monitor.  He got an adapter that
> should allow it to work with a PC monitor, but it doesn't seem to work.
> So we're trying to boot it using the serial port for io.  Everything
> goes fine until just after the ramdisk loads.  Then we get an error,
> unable to open initial console.  Anyone got any ideas on how to fix
> this?

Try a boot -r from the ok (prom) prompt, that should detect the video card. If
you still want to do a headless install (no monitor), you have to get the
latest images from the updates directory.

The stock RH 6.0 Sparc linux is broken and the fix is on the new images. I do
not have the images at Real Time, so you'll have to go to Redhat's site.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700