More DSL/NIC help...

hello all,

Recently got my apartment wired for DSL. I'm now trying to get it
working with Linux but I'm having trouble getting RH6 to recognize
my NIC (I'm using a Linksys EtherPCI.) According to the documentation
the module that works with the Linksys is tulip.0. I added tulip to
the kernel using kernelcfg supplied it with the harware address (found
using winipcfg under win98) restarted kerneld...and nothing. Usernet
hangs up with trying to start the interface and ifconfig dosen't list
eth0 as active...is there a step I'm leaving out? The official RH documenttation
is woefully lacking on this sort of thing (At least the RH5.2 install guide is.)Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Joe Laha
pathetic newbie