Re: [TCLUG:8408] local Mandrake mirror

  Hi,

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> >What is better about mandrake vs RedHat?
>         Mandrake is compiled w/ optimizations for Pentiums.
>         they also claim to have made some stuff more user-friendly; but
> based on my (admittedly very limited) experience with it, I really can't
> tell the difference (other than "Mandrake" appearing in place of "Red Hat"
> during the install; there being no "Redneck" language option

I haven't seen 'redneck' on Red Hat later than 5.something. Too bad, it
was hillarious.

The latest Mandrake is more cutting edge than the latest RH (6.1 here
installed kernel v 2.2.13, which I can't find on ftp.kernel.org for some
reason).

It also has a more complete KDE implementatino, if you're into that kind
of stuff. I tried to get my wife to use KDE, but she said that if she
wanted Windows she wouldn't have installed Linux...

-Yaron