Re: [TCLUG:8408] local Mandrake mirror

>I haven't seen 'redneck' on Red Hat later than 5.something. Too bad, it
>was hillarious.
        I asked Donnie Barnes about it at the RH Revolution Tour demo thing
they had a few months back. he said that he hadn't had time to update it for 6.0

>The latest Mandrake is more cutting edge than the latest RH (6.1 here
>installed kernel v 2.2.13, which I can't find on ftp.kernel.org for some
>reason).
        what's the M6.1 install like? RH-copy again? or something new?
        I hear that RH 6.1 will have a GUI install like Caldera's.

>It also has a more complete KDE implementatino, if you're into that kind
>of stuff. I tried to get my wife to use KDE, but she said that if she
>wanted Windows she wouldn't have installed Linux...
        not really a KDE fan myself. I use FVWM/FVWM2/AfterStep at work
(chosen mostly randomly; all I ever run is xterms), and wm2 on my Debian box
at home. I think I favor GNOME over KDE for "fancy" environments; but not
for any really good reason.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN