Re: [TCLUG:8509] Installfest page

On Sep 23, 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <carls@agritech.com> wrote:

>         I think it'll be interesting to see what the Berlin project comes up
> with. they've been mentioned on Slashdot several times. looks like an
> interesting project to replace X with something more sensibly organized.
> (www.berlin-consortium.org, I think)

I've been following that pretty closely, on their mailing list.  I really
like what they're doing.  Despite a very sluggish start, they've undergone
a huge rewrite for their latest release.  The latest newsbreaks include
multilingual font support, which you can see here:

http://www.berlin-consortium.org/screenshots.html

I hope they do well.  Despite their low profile, they are generating code
at a frenetic pace.

John