Non Delivery Report

[002] Mail was received that was addressed to unknown addresses.
Mail item was not delivered to:
CNS/MINNETONKA/FJLEDWID

   From: David Carter [SMTP:tclug-list@mn-linux.org]
     To: tclug-list [SMTP:tclug-list@mn-linux.org]
   Date: 1999-09-24 14:42
Subject:  Re: [TCLUG:8583] LDAP

Tim,

If your system is using PAM, I believe that a module exists that will do
more-or-less what you have in mind.  If you aren't using PAM, it's much
harder...

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 02:44:02PM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to authenticate users of my Linux system
> using an LDAP directory. My situation is that we've got a Novell NDS-based
> WAN here at school, and I'm interested in using the existing NDS directory
> to authenticate users on my subnet. Also, it may be possible to use it for
> my planned Zope-powered intranet site. Anybody know about this stuff?
>
> -Tim
>
> --
> Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
> Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/
> W. St. Paul, MN, USA |  you are."       | http://linux.com/
> wilson@chem.umn.edu  |       -Einstein  | http://www.mn-linux.org/

David Carter ** dcarter@visi.com
VISI.com Technical Support
PGP Key 581CBE61: E07EE199C767C752 8A8B1A9F015BF2EA
Key available by finger or www.keyserver.net.