Non Delivery Report

[002] Mail was received that was addressed to unknown addresses.
Mail item was not delivered to:
CNS/MINNETONKA/FJLEDWID

   From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom [SMTP:tclug-list@mn-linux.org]
     To: tclug-list [SMTP:tclug-list@mn-linux.org]
   Date: 1999-09-24 15:50
Subject:  Re: [TCLUG:8366] seagate 4/8GB DAT

>On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 05:48:56PM -0500, Amy Tebbe wrote:
>> Anyone know if a Seagate 4/8GB IDE internal DAT drive will work
>> ok w/ RH 6.0?  Any recommendations for DAT drives for Linux?
        our new system here is an HP DAT24 DDS-3 drive (12/24GB). no install
troubles whatsoever (SCSI card locates & identifies it; kernel set it
/dev/st0 on install. no intervention on my part needed).
        runs slicker than snot compared to our last setup. :) of course,
that was on a windows box; so that kind of skews things.

honestly, for much more than i deal with (8GB or so of actual data to
regularly deal with); i'd seriously look at seagate/sony's AIT tape drive.
it's supposed to  be a *lot* more durable than anything else on the market.
they're $2500 ea; and cartriges are not cheap; but they hold 25/50GB (which
scales nicely compared to a $1000 12/24GB), and they're the fastest system
on the market.

Carl Soderstrom.
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN