Re: [TCLUG:8630] Found the offender

On Sep 28, 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <carls@agritech.com> wrote:
> >I dated two women I met on the internet....
> >They didn't work out very well...
>         been there, done that. (couple of times)
>         dating someone you meet online, because they happen to live
> relatively close in meatspace is a Bad Idea. ;>

A bad idea, yes, but it does sometimes work.  In my case, I met and
married someone here in Minnesota, after we met on IRC (in a Canadian
chat room, strangely enough), and we've been happily married
for just about three years now.

But I consider us very lucky, and would not encourage the kids at
home to try it.  (c:  My wife and I both had very bad First
Encounters with people we met online (who coincidentally both lived
in Canada...strangely enough).

John