Marriage (was: Found the offender)

Carl wrote:
>>I dated two women I met on the internet....
>>They didn't work out very well...
>        been there, done that. (couple of times)
>        dating someone you meet online, because they happen to live
>relatively close in meatspace is a Bad Idea.

I think it depends a lot on how well you get to know your
prospective date before you actually get together. I also
think successful marriages depend a lot more on the couple's
willingness to work on the relationship, no matter how ugly
and painfu it sometimes gets. Marriage is a process, after
all, not an event.

Having said that, I should confess that I met my wife at
a science fiction convention in Baltimore and contributed
greatly to Sprint's 3Q 1983 profits by burning up the fiber
optics between DC (where I was living) and Minneapolis,
where she was. Fifteen years and still kicking...we're
either doing somethign right or we're too damn stubborn
to quit. :)