Returned Mail

Your mail could not be delivered
Reason: Unknown user

Beginning of original message follows...

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:34:06 -0600 (CST)
From: Luke Francl <fran0382@tc.umn.edu>
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:15386] ApachePDA

On 31 Mar 2000, Jon Schewe wrote:

> nryberg@uspsoig.gov writes:
>
> > I would be surprised if a Palm Pilot would have the memory and bandwidth to
> > serve web pages on any kind of reasonable basis.  Does Apache have some kind
> > of cacheing functionality?  That might make sense...

Actually, I think the interesting use of this isn't actually running a web
server on your palm pilot, it's remote configurablity and access. Imagine
you've left your spare palm pilot (bare with me here ;) in its craddle.
Before, you had no access to it.  Now, you can wip out your primary one
(or borrow a friend's) and access the data on it. Set up some .htaccess
files or something to limit access and you've got a great little thing
going. If it had some sort of CGI/scripting ability, you could even write
some forms to add new data to a remote pilot.

I think that's pretty cool.

Did you know there's also a version of Oracle which runs on Palm
Pilots? Now we're talking! Database driven dynamic palm pilot site! :)

Luke