Sendmail Problem

Hey,

I'm running Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 with sendmail 8.9.1.

I have a computer network with a cable-modem hooked to my linux box, and an NT
box using my linux box as a gateway to the internet.

                                 /^^^^^^^^^^^\
WinNT Box <--> Linuxbox <--> Internet
   \______________/

The WinNT box needs to use sendmail on my linux box to send mail.  I can dl
messages fine to my NT box, using incoming mail addy pop.ardent-hacker.net but,
when I try to send mail, using addy smtp.ardent-hacker.net, I get error 550:
Relaying denied.

I believe this has something to do with the following code in sendmail.cf:

============from lines 952-956 of /etc/sendmail.cf===================
# anything terminating locally is ok
R$+ < @ $=w >		$@ OK
R$+ < @ $* $=R >	$@ OK

# check for local user (i.e. unqualified address)
R$*			$: <?> $1
R<?> $* < @ $+ >	$: <REMOTE> $1 < @ $2 >
# local user is ok
R<?> $+			$@ OK
R<$+> $*		$: $2

# anything originating locally is ok
R$*			$: <?> $&{client_name}
# check if bracketed IP address (forward lookup != reverse lookup)
R<?> [$+]		$: <BAD> [$1]
# pass to name server to make hostname canonical
R<?> $* $~P 		$: <?> $[ $1 $2 $]
R<$-> $*		$: $2
R$* .			$1				strip trailing dots
R$@			$@ OK
R$=w			$@ OK
R$* $=R			$@ OK

# check IP address
R$*			$: $&{client_addr}
R$@			$@ OK			originated locally
R0			$@ OK			originated locally
R$=R $*			$@ OK			relayable IP address
R$*			$: [ $1 ]		put brackets around
it... R$=w			$@ OK			... and see if it is
local

# anything else is bogus
R$*			$#error $@ 5.7.1 $: "550 Relaying denied"
================End of excerpt of /etc/sendmail.cf====================

Thanks for any solutions that you may have.

From:  Eric F Crist Nickname: MnSlinky

"Time is the fire in which we burn.  Carpe Diem"