redhat printfilter

well, I have been having all kinds of problems with standard lpr that
comes with redhat and debian, (using redhat printfilters on both)  like
bob had described at the conference, jobs will just get stuck in the
system, and never come out.  I have been talking to people, and found out
that most of the problem is with HP jet direct print servers.. it's a
problem with the data/control ordering in the lpr connection between the
linux host, and the printer.  what I found out is that LPRng works
perfectly, using some flags, and a few options.. the problem is that
redhat printtool doesn't output LPRng compatable printcap files.. :(

I'm looking to find a TCL/Tk coder to help modify printtool, to be more
flexable, allowing for LPRng and lpr printcaps, and maybe support some
more features of LPRng.  This is going to be a company project, but I
don't know how much I can pay.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)