Re: [TCLUG:15481] Faeriedist

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:

> Chris Palmer (aka "reid", aka "for_a_bit", aka "innerfire")
> and me (aka "me") have plans to slap together our own
> distribution.  We were hoping to get the input of fellow
> TCLUGers on what you'd *really* like in a distribution.
>
> Remember, stuff you'd like, even in your wildest dreams.
>
> Here are some of our plans:
>
> * Fully HTML based docs (still keep traditional docs around)
> * BSD Inits
> * Source Based Package System (ala BSD "ports" system)
> * Possibly web-based configuration system
Cool. Except I like my SysV init. *grin*

> * Standard locations (woo!) like /var/app/ for logs and /etc/app/
> for configuration files.
EWWWW! Why not follow the Linux (or is it POSIX?) standard for locations
of these type of things? That's one of my number one annoyances: having to
search all over for config/log files.... look to Debian for an example of
how it SHOULD be done.  :)

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700