VarStation with Crystal Audio Control = static in mp3

I was messing around with sndconfig for the March 30th presentation and now my
VarStation plays mp3 like crap. Before, they where crystal clear, now they are
all full of static.

I think it has something to do with when I ran sndconfig. It messed up my
conf.modules and/or the /etc/isapnp.conf.

Of course, like an idiot I ran sndconfig again, which blew away the .bak and I
am stuck with poor mp3 sound quality.

But playing the cd directly gives me great sound, so I am wondering how that
can be?

I upgraded to xmms 1.01, thinking that would help, but it didn'te. Any ideas?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700