Re: [TCLUG:15481] Faeriedist

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 08:36:12AM -0500, Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:
> By far the biggest complaint I get from people using
> Linux is that it feels poorly laid out and misplanned.
>
> The LHS does not help with this, it just makes it worse.

I know people have already expressed opinions about directory structure and
information layout, but I would urge you to look into the Debian Policy manual.
I really feel that the Debian crew has laid out a very sound and useful policy
for applications and support data.  I'm not so impressed with Red Hat or Suse.
I don't have a lot of experience with other distributions, but I'd suggest that
you get a copy of each and perhaps any Policy documentation they might have,
and review it before jumping into YALD, yet another Linux distribution,
project.

Chad Walstrom                         mailto:chewie@wookimus.net
a.k.a ^chewie, gunnarr                http://wookimus.net/chewie

   Gnupg: B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD