From: Yaron [mailto:jethro@yaron.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 20:50
To: TCLUG
Subject: [TCLUG:15601] SGI Boxes (update?)

  Hi,

Ok, thanks to everyone who Emailed me about these boxes. So far we've got
people wanting 25 of them, with a few people saying they'd potentially
want more, and one person volunteeing a garage for shipping (;

I haven't heard anything from the seller yet. I'm assuming that if we
can't get 100 boxes, we might get them to hike the price up a teeny bit
per box and still ship them. Or I could convince them that TCLUG is a
non-profit organisation and hype them into doing it anyway (:

For people who weren't sure about the hardware: SGI Indys are not
Intel-based, and do NOT take ISA/PCI. The monitor doesn't use a standard
VGA connector, and might be single-sync - so you might need an expensive
adapter to connect it to a PC. They are 17" Sony Trinitrons though. Indys
come with a RJ45 Ethernet. They DO take standard 72pin EDO Ram though.

What I am worried about is, although MOST Indys come with 24bit graphics,
SOME of them come with 8bit which BITES. I'm going to have to ask the guy
that if he ever contacts me back (:

-Yaron