SGI Update (Apr 6)

  Hi,

Well, so far we have 33!!!

That's not including a couple of "if" and "but"s.

Some concerns people have:

Bob: I am not counting you yet, because I'm not sure how well/if these
things run Linux. Please let me know if you're SURE you want them, and how
many.

Amy: It'd be great if Real-Time could receive/store them. I'm keeping
track, and if it appears that either we have 100 people or the seller
replies to me, I'll forward you the list (and my check).

For the person who asked if these are 'newbie' toys: you can experiment
with them, yeah. SGI was probably trying to warn Windoze people off
them...

For the people who thing $225 isn't a good deal: check eBay again. Indys
that sell for <$300 are usually without a monitor. However, it IS true
that these are NOT the top-of-the-line Indys. They are R4600, rather than
R5K-based.

Whoever said Irix looks good in 8-bit: Maybe, but ElectroPaint doesn't
(: And that's really all I want this box for.

-Yaron