PHP install error

I didnt see this on the last digest so I'm posting it
again.  Sorry if this is a repeat.

Here is a fun problem for everyone.  I've been trying
to install PHP and I keep getting this error no matter
what I do.

[root@hex php-3.0.16]# ./configure
--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-mysql

checking whether build environment is sane...
configure: error: newly created file is older than
distributed files!
Check your system clock

[root@hex php-3.0.16]#

and thats as far as it gets.  I've tryed everything I
can think of to fix this with no luck.  I'm using
Redhat 6.1 freshly installed and I changed the line in
my apxs file as described in INSTALL.REDHAT that comes
with php.

If anyone has an idea what the problem may be and how
to fix it I would be extreamly greatful.

Thanks