text file is busy error

This morning I was poking through my apache logs and saw a bunch of errors
saying "(26)Text file busy: exec of /home/chad/halfwit.pl failed". I tried
executing the script from the command line, but got the same message from
the shell.

Anybody know what might've caused this? I was able to fix the problem by
copying the script, deleting it, and moving the copied script back.

The script is something I whipped as part of a little guestbook style
thingy. All it does is pull some stuff out of mySQL and return some html.