Re: [TCLUG:15773] RHat, Suse, Mandrake hmmm which to buy

i'll agree on Caldera eDesktop 2.4, its by far the nicest and best linux
distribution i've ever installed, and i've installed MANY, redhat 4.2-6.2,
suse 6-6.3, debian, slack 3.6-7, corel, mandrake 6-7.

it autodetected every bit of my hardware, including my soundblaster live
(which redhat 6.2 did as well). i love its use of webmin out of the box. the
only thing i'm not too fond of is it using kde (i like it, don't get me
wrong), but i'm more of a windowmaker fan myself. but windowmaker 0.62
installed perfectly. if you get a chance to check out caldera 2.4, do so.
its use of KDE and its COAS (caldera open adminstration system) is amazing.
lets you dynamically load and unload modules from your kernel, as well as
autodetecting new ones. (gui based). its setup is incredible, and if you
don't like using a gui to partition, just alt-F# to another console, login
as root and use fdisk (that's what i did). i originally downloaded the ISO,
but bought it at best buy last week for 24.99. it comes w/ a bunch of great
software and a decent sized manual.

and i know most people have their favorites already, but i'm always trying
new distributions to see what's new and fresh, and caldera 2.4 is a beauty.

<end rant>

kyle