Re: [TCLUG:15784] GIMP, HDs, and HUGE images

>>         I always thought that was why Photoshop did it's own swapping; to
>> keep from overloading the OS swapfile.
>Not a problem on Mac OS and Windows: they use files on the a normal
>partition for their swap.
        I believe it does use Window's swapfile to a certain extent (not
sure how much).
        of course, if you're like me, who at least fixes their Winblows
swapfile size (to cut down on fragmentation, and hopefully speed things up
because it doesn't need to resize itself); and sometimes sets aside a disk
partition just for the swapfile; you may have problems there too. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091